Shapton Glass Sharpening Stone, 8000 Grit
In stock, ready to ship
- Shapton sharpening stones combine extremely fast cutting action with low maintenance. The Shapton line of glass water-stones has been carefully manufactured to achieve the highest levels of performance and durability. They may appear thin at first glance but they will outlast most other stones that are three times the thickness. These abrasives are extremely uniform. Consistency is the primary goal for Shapton's engineers. The abrasive that you encounter with the first pass will be the same on the 5,000th pass. And this will be true for every abrasive size.
As with every water-stone, Shapton glass stones require lapping (flattening) to maintain the sharpening surface in proper shape.
They do not need to be soaked in water; simply splash some on and start sharpening.
As with all water hones Shapton water-stones do wear concave with use and require periodic re-flattening.
8000 grit / 1.84 micron - Ideal for refining the edge of your straight razor.
Dimensions: 2.75" x 8.25" (210 mm x 70 mm)
Made in Japan
We offer FREE SHIPPING for qualified Canadian orders, after all discounts, including vouchers for reward points, and before applicable taxes and shipping charges. Gift card purchases do not count toward the minimum requirement. This free shipping offer may not be combined with any other discounts or promotions. Eligible customers must select the free shipping option, during the checkout process, to take advantage of the offer.
Orders over $50 ($100 for NL), qualify for FREE Shipping.
Estimated delivery times for free shipping option:
Standard transit time: 1-5 working days
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer free shipping for:
- Orders outside Canada.
- Orders from Canadian Territories (Northern Territories, Yukon and Nunavut).
For more information about shipping policies click here.
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 365 days of the order date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic reasons, no used products can be accepted. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after delivery date will receive a store credit
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products plus applicable taxes. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures, click here (opens in a new tab).