Bearing the German manufacturer’s emblem inlaid into its blade using 24K gold, the DOVO Straight Razor, Faux Mother of Pearl Scales, 5/8" is a beautiful instrument manufactured to fit into the hands of gentlemen in search of something both ornamental and practical. Gold has been used to plate each straight razor from tang to spine, though this does more to accentuate rather than detract from the mirror finish of the cutting blade. Made of Swedish steel, it is not only strong and flexible, but also ground concave on both sides for increased sharpness. To complete its image, the scales on this straight razor are made using imitation nacre, meant to reproduce the beautiful rainbow shine particular to mother of pearl.
DOVO is a German manufacturer based in Solingen. Similar to some of the other cities that host razor blade manufacturers, Solingen was once home to swordsmiths famed across Europe for their skill and craftsmanship. Today, DOVO is more than eager to put that inherited expertise to use manufacturing some of the best razor blades available on the market.
Hollow ground blade.
Made in Solingen, Germany.
* This razor is not pre-honed. Even though Dovo Solingen do sharpen their razors before packaging, the razors might require some honing before first usage.
We offer Free Shipping for qualified orders over $50.00 after any discounts and before taxes; some conditions apply. Eligible customers must select the FREE SHIPPING option on the shipping page, during the checkout process, to take advantage of the offer.
Transit time for the free shipping option in Canada is 2-5 working days. Transit times for other shipping methods are automatically calculated for you during the checkout process.
For orders that do not qualify for Free Shipping, we offer discounted UPS shipping rates. To calculate the rate to your destination, click on the "Estimate shipping cost" link on the shopping cart page.
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer Free Shipping for:
- Orders outside Canada; or
- Orders from Canadian Territories (Northern Territories, Yukon and Nunavut)
For more information about shipping policies click here.
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 365 days of the order date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic reasons, no used products can be accepted. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after delivery date will receive a store credit
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products plus applicable taxes. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures, click here (opens in a new tab).