Boasting a beautifully grained Spanish Oak handle, the Dovo "Encina" 6/8" Spanish Oak Straight Razor features a round tip and a full hollow grind. The blade is engraved with "Encina" on its satin finish. Stability of the razor in the hand is enhanced with by jimps, or faint ridges, on the tang and etching on the spine. Choosing a 6/8" mid point blade is a good choice for a novice straight blade user, and may be the preference of a more experienced shaver. If you are considering a leap the straight blade, let this handsome selection be your guide.
For more than 100 years, Dovo has been crafting fine razors for the wet shaving community in the Solingen area of Germany. The moniker "Solingen" can be affixed by law only to the highest quality razors produced in a prescribed area and using materials produced there and not imported. Dovo goes further and considers Solingen quality to be the barest minimum, and regularly exceeds those requirements, for the benefit of shavers everywhere, including our Canadian clientele.
Full Hollow Ground blade
Manufactured by DOVO of Solingen, Germany.
* This razor is not pre-honed. Even if Dovo Solingen will sharpen their razors before packaging, the razors might require some honing before first usage.
We offer Free Shipping for qualified Canadian orders over $CDN50.00 after any discounts and before taxes; some conditions apply. Eligible customers must select the FREE SHIPPING option on the shipping page, during the checkout process, to take advantage of the offer.
Transit time for the free shipping option in Canada is normally 2-5 working days. Transit times for other shipping methods are automatically calculated for you during the checkout process.
For orders that do not qualify for Free Shipping, we offer discounted Canada Post and UPS shipping rates. To calculate the rate to your destination, click on the "Estimate shipping cost" link on the shopping cart page.
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer Free Shipping for:
- Orders outside Canada and the U.S.A.
- Orders from Canadian Territories (Northern Territories, Yukon and Nunavut).
- Orders from Alaska, Hawaii, US Military Addresses (APO, AFO, etc).
For more information about shipping policies click here (opens in a new tab).
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 365 days of the order date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic reasons, no used products can be accepted. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after delivery date will receive a store credit
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products plus applicable taxes. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures, click here (opens in a new tab).