In contrast to European stones made using the same material as the sharpening stones, the Nagura Japanese Natural Slurry Stone is made to complement no particular sharpening stone but rather all of them. Similar to other slurry stones, these nagura stones are used to expedite the sharpening stone. Customers should rub them in small circles on top of their moistened sharpening stones until they see the milky slurry that will help them sharpen their cutting utensils. Although these products come as light-colored cubes, it is important for customers to remember that each specimen is unique because of their production process. As a result, customers should expect individual variations in their nagura stones.
Japan possesses an excellent reputation for its cutting utensils and the products used to care to them. Said products include both sharpening stones and the slurry stones used to keep them in optimal condition. Usage of both ensure excellent honing plus the preservation of the sharpening stones’ usefulness.
Approx. dimensions:30 to 50 mm, roughly cubic in shape.
Made in Japan
We offer Free Shipping for qualified Canadian orders over $CDN50.00 after any discounts and before taxes; some conditions apply. Eligible customers must select the FREE SHIPPING option on the shipping page, during the checkout process, to take advantage of the offer.
Transit time for the free shipping option in Canada is normally 2-5 working days. Transit times for other shipping methods are automatically calculated for you during the checkout process.
For orders that do not qualify for Free Shipping, we offer discounted Canada Post and UPS shipping rates. To calculate the rate to your destination, click on the "Estimate shipping cost" link on the shopping cart page.
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer Free Shipping for:
- Orders outside Canada and the U.S.A.
- Orders from Canadian Territories (Northern Territories, Yukon and Nunavut).
- Orders from Alaska, Hawaii, US Military Addresses (APO, AFO, etc).
For more information about shipping policies click here (opens in a new tab).
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 365 days of the order date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic reasons, no used products can be accepted. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after delivery date will receive a store credit
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products plus applicable taxes. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures, click here (opens in a new tab).