Boker Schwarzgold 6/8” Straight Razor, Bog Oak Wood Scales
In stock, ready to ship
With finesse and sophistication, the Boker Schwarzgold Straight Razor 6/8” represents an iconic piece of German history. This razor pays tribute to one of the most admired English thoroughbred horses in German horse racing, who won several titles in 1940. Mirroring the elegance and greatness of the horse, the Schwarzgold razor, meaning black and gold, is a piece of art. Its carbon steel blade features an extra-hollow grind with belly and is coated with Ruthenium, a hard platinum metal known for its durability and luster. Adorned on the gleaming blade is the Schwarzgold name and the image of a racing horse in 24-karat gold. Protecting the polished blade are black bog oak wood scales, extremely rare and cultivated from bogs that have been buried for hundreds of years. Packaged in a display box with a Boker certificate of authenticity, admire this straight razor for years to come.
- 6/8” straight point blade
- Carbon steel blade (non-stainless)
- Black Bog Oak Wood scales
- Extra hollow ground
Boker is a well-known name in the City of Blades, Solingen, Germany. Handcrafted razors and knives displaying the sign of the famous Chestnut Tree are coveted for their good looks and excellent performance. Rich in shaving history, Boker creates unique pieces to honour its history and roots. The Schwarzgold straight razor commemorates a decorated English thoroughbred horse in German horse racing. Known for her speed, Schwarzgold was the winner of the Preis der Diana and the Deutsches Derby in 1940. Her strict trainer forbid the use of common training practices, such as a bridle, and many believe she did not achieve her full potential.
Hand-ground and assembled in Solingen, Germany
We offer Free Shipping for qualified Canadian orders over $CDN50.00 after any discounts and before taxes; some conditions apply. Eligible customers must select the FREE SHIPPING option on the shipping page, during the checkout process, to take advantage of the offer.
Transit time for the free shipping option in Canada is normally 2-8 working days. Transit times for other shipping methods are automatically calculated for you during the checkout process.
For orders that do not qualify for Free Shipping, we offer discounted Canada Post and UPS shipping rates. To calculate the rate to your destination, click on the "Estimate shipping cost" link on the shopping cart page.
Unfortunately, because of high shipping costs, we cannot offer Free Shipping for:
- Orders outside Canada
- Orders from Canadian Territories (Northern Territories, Yukon and Nunavut).
For more information about shipping policies click here (opens in a new tab).
We will offer a full refund or store credit for unused products if returned to us within 365 days of the order date. New, unused and unopened (for items that come in sealed packaging) merchandise will be refunded in full. Please note that:
- Products must be in their original packaging, with all manufacturer seals intact. We cannot accept any products with missing or torn packaging.
- For hygienic reasons, no used products can be accepted. Merchandise damaged by the buyer is not eligible for refunds.
- Products returned 60 days after delivery date will receive a store credit
- The buyer is responsible for returning the items, and the refund will be issued only after we receive the merchandise. So we encourage our clients to send the return through a shipping method that provides insurance and tracking number.
- Refunds cover the price of the purchased products plus applicable taxes. Shipping charges and taxes on the shipping charges are not refundable.
For more information about return procedures, click here (opens in a new tab).